Saturday, July 6, 2013

Rain, rain...


April Rain Song
by Langston Hughes

Let the rain kiss you.
Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops.
Let the rain sing you a lullaby

The rain makes still pools on the sidewalk.
The rain makes running pools in the gutter.
The rain plays a little sleep-song on our roof at night - 

And I love the rain.

Of course it's not April, but we have been getting allot of rain lately. And I do love it. Summer thunder and lightning storms are fun to watch and little misty rains tickle my face. Evelyn loves jumping in puddles and I wish I could let her do it more often. It's just that most of the puddles around here are full of car exhaust and oily residue. We need some good clean mud! The above picture is from a few years ago, when I took the kids to a park in some sprinkling rain. It was so much fun! I think I'll add it to our things-to-do-this-summer list. 

No comments: