Thursday, August 29, 2013

Numbers, Numbers Everywhere!


I made these quite awhile ago and despite the homemade look I just love them! I used a small cup to trace lots of circles on card stock, then did LOTS of cutting. The font is called "Peeps" from dafont and I think works great for those tricky 9's and 6's. I printed the 10's in one color, 20's in another and so forth, then attached them to the card stock circles. In hindsight I'm not sure why I didn't just print the numbers on the card stock directly, I think I didn't have the patience to figure out the spacing.

I want these to last for a long time so I covered them with contact paper. I would really prefer a heavy lamination but this has been working fine. They slip and slide all over the place so keeping them together was a problem until I stuck them in a cleaned out cottage cheese container - because that's the cool thing to do.

Honestly it was a time consuming project, but super easy and worth the effort. They are helping us with number recognition, number order, and grouping (the colors come in handy here!). It's fun to pull them out and find so many different uses for them!

No comments: