Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day


Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful women who mother in their own special way! I am so thankful to be a daughter of God, knowing that I have an important work to do in nurturing and loving those around me. 

The errand of angels is given to women;
And this is a gift that, as sisters, we claim:
To do whatsoever is gentle and human,
To cheer and to bless in humanity’s name.
 (Emily H. Woodmansee, “As Sisters in Zion,” Hymns, no. 309.) 
 
 And oh, how thankful I am for my own wonderful mother! With my kids now I am frequently reminded of moments with my mom when I was little. Sneaking chunks of cookie dough when she was baking, feeling so excited when she let me "clean" with her, loving her attention when she tucked me in bed. So many things she taught me, and words of wisdom she shared. And I'm still learning from her, she amazes me. 
 
This morning in church a very shy woman spoke and shared an outpouring of love for her mother - "I love my mom from the bottom of my heart. I'm crazy about her. She's my best friend and always looks out for me and cares for. I miss being with her all the time. I miss her cooking. I love my mom with all my heart from the bottom of my heart."
 
Oh so true! I love my mom! 

No comments: