Tuesday, January 22, 2013

My Word for the Year


My first choices were "Prepared", "Organized", or "Accomplished". I was almost fretting over this, "what is my word for the year?!". I want to do allot this year and some things just have to get done, plus I have a tendency to feel overwhelmed. I was on this line of thinking when I received some sweet inspiration - "Simple". 
Keep things simple, simplify yours and your families life, let things be done with simplicity.
Organize simply.
Start Home-school simply.
Prepare simply.
Plan, learn, have fun, have Family Home Evening, read to the kids, play, eat, exercise, LIVE - simply.

 Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

"Small and Simple", that's my goal. It's comforting to think of. With 3 little kids it's hard to feel accomplished or like I'm getting things done. But when I remember to keep things simple, and that it really is the little things that matter and add up to great accomplishments, I am able to relax and enjoy life so much more. 

Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy.    

And so, I'm going to enjoy this year by living simply.

Simple. 

No comments: