Monday, October 7, 2013

General Conference - Always Inspiring


General Conference is over. I imagine all the speakers and choir members must breath a sigh of relief when all is said and done, but oh how grateful I am that they said it and did it! I definitely had things on my mind this weekend, hoping to get some inspiration and answers, and I got it! Lets be honest, with little kids it's hard to hear and pay attention, but every phrase I DID hear seamed to speak to me, ease my mind, or give me the enthusiasm I felt I had been lacking.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that Chocolate On My Cranium had already posted images with quotes from some of the talks given. With 10 kids (including toddlers and a new baby) I don't know how she did it. But I'm glad she did! Here are the links if you would like to take a look -

Saturday General Conference Highlights

Sunday General Conference Highlights
  
I went to bed last night feeling so uplifted and down right determined to be a better mom, a better wife, a better sister, ... you get the idea. I was excited for a new week to start with the new me! Then all three of my kids decided it would be good to wake up at 4 a.m. .... That was obviously way too early for the "new me", so the 'old me' handled it - in a very grumpy way. Thankfully the 'newer me' finally woke up and decided that the whole day was NOT ruined, and since then we have all been having some fun and getting things done, and taking some naps.


No comments: